7250.1 Policy Statement
Wright State University will control and maintain university property in a manner that safeguards the health and safety of individuals and ensures that university property is utilized for its designed purposes in support of the university’s mission. By this policy, the university prohibits the use of university property for camping or related activities as defined below.
7250.2 Application of Policy
This policy applies to Wright State University students, faculty, staff, and visitors
The following definitions apply for purposes of this policy only:
- Camping is defined as any of the following:
- Establishing or maintaining outdoors a temporary or permanent place for sleeping or cooking by setting up any camp paraphernalia.
- Establishing, or attempting to establish, temporary or permanent living quarters on university property other than residence halls, apartments or other university housing.
- Sleeping under any parked vehicle or sleeping any time between the hours of 10:00 p.m. and 8:00 a.m., outdoors, with or without camp paraphernalia.
Camp paraphernalia includes, but is not limited to tents, tarps, sleeping bags, beds and bedding, cots, mattresses, hammocks, cooking or warming equipment, or any temporary outdoor shelter.
University property includes all outdoor areas owned, leased or controlled by the university and all buildings and permanent structures owned by the university.
Camping is not permitted on university property except as noted below
- The Vice President of Student Affairs may approve overnight use of university property for camping in connection with approved university events or registered university organizations. Such use must be consistent with the university’s mission and will not be detrimental to the health, safety or welfare of event participants or the campus community or in violation of any federal, state or local laws or municipal ordinances.
- In extraordinary circumstances, such as times of natural disaster, when approved in advance by the President of the University or his/her designee.