9510.1 General Travel Policy

  • To accomplish its stated purposes, the university authorizes its personnel (including students and other individuals on authorized university travel status) to engage in travel and provides budgetary funds for reimbursement of certain related costs.

  • The authorizing department shall follow the guidelines in this policy when reimbursing travel costs incurred by consultants and independent contractors.  However, a department has the option of reimbursing meals and incidental expenses at actual cost, with appropriate documentation.

  • Reimbursement requests from university personnel shall be honored if the traveler received proper prior authorization and if the expenditures incurred were in accordance with the guidelines in this policy.  Colleges/departments have full discretion as to the appropriate level of travel reimbursements, up to the maximum amounts allowed by this policy.

  • These regulations apply to all university related travel expenditures including operating budgets (ledgers 2 and 4) and federal, private, and other grants unless the grantor specifically authorizes in writing that a different policy shall apply.  The principal investigator of a research grant is responsible for complying with the travel regulations of the grantor.  All incomplete expense reports requiring additional documentation or explanation/justification of travel expenses after initial review by the Accounts Payable office will be sent to the business manager of the applicable college/department for follow-up.  Only substantiated expenses compliant with this policy will be reimbursed.  A travel expense report checklist (Appendix A) as well as a sample completed expense report (Appendix B) can be found at the bottom of this travel policy and can also be found at to help the traveler understand key components of this policy and to be used as an aid while on travel status.

  • Where the traveler incurs and claims expense for which there is a lost or missing receipt, the traveler must include with the expenses report an itemized listing of those expenses with and explanation of facts surrounding the lost or missing receipt.  Both the traveler and the supervisor must sign the listing.  The template form to be utilized for this itemized listing can be found at the back of this travel policy (Appendix C) and at  This form must be used to document all missing receipts.

  • Any exceptions to this policy must be approved in writing by the Provost or appropriate Vice President.

9510.2 Authorization of Travel

  • All travel involving overnight lodging must be approved in advance of the travel by the individual (e.g., Provost, Vice President, Vice Provost, Dean, Director) responsible for the budgetary source of funds from which the expense is to be paid.

  • After approval, the Travel Authorization form can be forwarded to the Accounts Payable office if the department wishes to encumber the amount of the travel.

  • The approved Travel Expense Report section of the Travel Authorization and Travel Expense Report form certifies the propriety of all expenses listed as actually necessary to the performance of official university business.  Upon completion of the travel, the white copy of the Travel Expense Report form, along with appropriate itemized receipts, should be forwarded to the Accounts Payable office for reimbursement within 60 days of completing the trip.  This form is to reflect all expenses related to the travel, including prepaid expenses (with a reference to the form used to make the prepayment) that may have been made utilizing a procurement card or departmental purchase order (See 9510.4(d) below).  Receipts of all expenses documented on the travel expense report must be attached to the form.  It should be noted that missing receipts and other missing documentation to support travel expenses constitute the single largest factor in necessitating the return of the expense report to the college/unit and delaying the travel reimbursement.  In addition, the business purpose of the trip must be documented within the expense report.  This can be performed by including a copy of the conference itinerary, including the appropriate portion of the conference program, or any other means that clearly describes the business nature of the trip.  A copy of any conference registration and itinerary is required to substantiate the dates of the conference and any included expenses such as meals.  The travel expense report must be approved by the traveler's supervisor.  Reimbursement requests submitted later than 90 days after the travel has been completed must be approved by the Provost or appropriate Vice President and may, due to IRS regulations, become taxable income to the employee.

  • A Travel Expense Report must be submitted even if all expenses have been paid by the university through the use of a procurement card or other means and even if no personal reimbursement to the traveler is required.  The report is needed to ensure compliance with university travel policies.

9510.3 Travel Headquarters

  • The headquarters of an employee is the office address of his/her primary work assignment.

  • The headquarters of an employee whose primary work assignment involves regularly scheduled and recurring travel shall be the place from which the employee can be dispatched most effectively in carrying out assigned duties.

9510.4 Prepayment of Expenses

All travel expenses shall be paid by the traveler and submitted for reimbursement on the Travel Expense Report form.  However, payment and reimbursement for airline tickets and conference/ workshop fees may be made in advance of the travel.  All conference/workshop registrations must include the portion of the conference/workshop program that details the business purpose and the various expenses included as part of the registration fee.  This section of the conference/workshop program must also be submitted with the completed Travel Expense Report.

  1. The university has a procurement card program whereby individuals or departments may be issued a university credit card for the purchase of goods and services for official university business expenses [refer to University Policies 9130 (Expenditure Guidelines) and 9320 (Purchasing from External Vendors)] and 9340 (Procurement Card Guidelines).  Travel expenses, including airline tickets, conference fees, and hotel accommodations, may be charged to the procurement card.  Currently, the limit for each travel procurement card transaction is $1,500, with a $5,000 monthly limit.  Whenever possible, use of the procurement card for travel expenses is strongly encouraged.  The procurement card is available to all university personnel upon departmental approval.  Applications may be obtained in the Office of the Controller or at Procurement Card.  On all receipts submitted with the travel expense report that were paid using a credit card, the traveler must clearly indicate whether the credit card is a personal card or a Wright State University procurement card.

  2. If a department wishes to have a prepaid ticket forwarded to another city for use of a guest of the university, this request may be arranged through the university's preferred travel agency.  The department can purchase these tickets using their university procurement card. In this instance, a Travel Authorization form is not required.

  3. In order to receive reimbursement for airfare or conference/workshop fees that have been paid in advance by the traveler, the employee must submit an approved departmental purchase order (DPO) or purchase requisition (for an amount greater than $1,000) to the Accounts Payable office, along with appropriate documentation. Alternatively, the traveler can attach appropriate documentation to an approved DPO or purchase requisition, send the approved form to the Accounts Payable office, and have the vendor paid directly.

  4. When a traveler has prepaid expenses included on the travel expense report, the traveler must include with the expense report an itemized listing of those expenses that total to the amount of prepaids listed on the face of the report.  The template form to be utilized for this itemized listing can be found at the back of this travel policy (Appendix D) and at  This form must be used to document all prepaid expenses.

  5. While the university's general policy prohibits cash advances, there are very unusual circumstances in which certain international trips (and in rare instances domestic trips) require the use of significant amounts of cash as the only means of payment. This would be when neither credit cards, checks, nor other electronic means of payment are accepted by the various vendors. In those limited instances, the traveler must fill out a Request for Travel Advance form which can be found at the back of this travel policy (Appendix E) and at This form documents the request and circumstances requiring the need for a cash advance. The primary business manager of the college/unit must approve the request, and the form should be attached to either a departmental purchase order (if under $1,000) or requisition (if greater than $1,000). The advance is to be treated as a prepayment and accounted for as such when filling out the travel expense report at the conclusion of the trip. The advance will be charged to the travel FOAP and any excess cash at the conclusion of the trip will be submitted to Accounts Payable with the expense report where it will be deposited back to that same FOAP. All travel advances are the personal responsibility of the traveler. As this provision is to be used only in very limited circumstances and is not simply an option of convenience for travelers, business managers in conjunction with the Office of the Controller will have final determination as to the need for an advance.

9510.5 Allowable Transportation Expenses

  1. Automobile

    1. Travel by privately owned automobile is authorized only if the owner of the vehicle is insured under a policy of liability insurance complying with Section 4509.51 of the Ohio Revised Code, which requires the following coverage: $12,500 for bodily injury or death of one person in any one accident; $25,000 for bodily injury or death of two or more persons in any one accident; and, $7,500 for property damage in any one accident. When an employee is traveling by privately owned automobile, the liability insurance of the owner of the vehicle and/or the driver of the vehicle provides primary coverage before any coverage purchased by the university.

    2. There will be no reimbursement from the university for any deductibles paid by an individual for business usage of a privately owned automobile.

    3. Reimbursement for travel by privately owned automobile is authorized not to exceed the rate based on prevailing Internal Revenue Service (IRS) regulations.

    4. Mileage is payable to only one of two or more employees traveling on the same trip and in the same vehicle. The names of all persons traveling on the same trip and in the same vehicle, as well as the employing department of each person, must be listed on the Travel Expense Report.

    5. For automobile trips over 700 miles, the lower of actual mileage or round trip coach air fare shall be the maximum amount reimbursed. Documentation must be included with the travel expense report to support the appropriate reimbursable amount. It is reasonable to include all necessary travel expenses when making the comparison of driving costs versus flying costs. These would include (for instance) airport parking, airport shuttle to/from the hotel, mileage to/from the local airport and parking at the hotel when driving. Flight pricing should be obtained at approximately the same time as the conference registration in order to obtain the most appropriate flight costs and should be the lowest fare available. Alternatively, a traveler may submit a request for reimbursement for a maximum of 700 miles of personal mileage without performing the cost comparison described here.

    6. When a department utilizes a university owned vehicle and is involved in an accident, the department is responsible for any applicable deductible.

    7. When a traveler chooses to use a rental agency vehicle for local use, the traveler should contact WSU’s preferred agency for specific information. Rental rates were competitively bid and include necessary liability and collision insurance charges. For all other rental agency vehicle use, the traveler should purchase liability insurance ($100K/$300K/$50K). The traveler should not elect to purchase collision insurance, which is provided by the university’s policy. Please refer to University Policy 9210 for more information about rental vehicles. While on overnight travel status, the traveler should consider rental vehicles only when they are estimated to be cheaper than any necessary taxi/shuttle fees. The most economical vehicle should also be selected. The traveler should always reserve and pay for a rental vehicle using a university procurement card.

      1. Rental agency vehicles used within the United States for official university business

        The traveler should always reserve and pay for a rental vehicle using a university procurement card. In such instances, the deductible on Collision insurance may be covered by university procurement card. Otherwise, the department responsible for renting the vehicle will pay any applicable deductible.

      2. Rental agency vehicles used outside the United States for official university business

        The traveler must purchase the mandatory/compulsory/statutory limits of liability insurance required by the foreign country in which the traveler is conducting official university business. It also is mandatory that the traveler purchase collision insurance. The university's foreign liability policy will provide excess liability limits, if necessary.

      3. Summary of guidance requiring purchase of insurance when renting a vehicle:

        Guidelines for Purchasing Insurance When Renting a Vehicle Outside the United States

        Liability Insurance – Purchase the minimum amount of insurance required by the host country. Additional coverage is provided by the university’s foreign liability insurance policy.

        Collision Insurance – Purchase. The department is responsible for any deductible.

        Inside the United States

        Rental Agency Method of Payment
        University Procurement Card Other form of Payment
        WSU Preferred Provider          

        Liability – Not Required. Included in Contract with Preferred Provider.

        Collision – Not required. Included in Contract with Preferred Provider. Collision Deductible = $0

        Liability – Not Required. Included in Contract with Preferred Provider.

        Collision – Not required. Included in Contract with Preferred Provider. Collision Deductible = $0

        Other Provider

        Liability – Must elect to purchase $100k/$300k/$50k coverage.

        Collision – Covered by university policy.

        Procard may pay deductible

        Liability – Must elect to purchase $100k/$300k/$50k coverage.

        Collision – Covered by university policy.

        Department pays deductible

  • Common Carrier

    1. Payment or reimbursement is authorized at the basic least expensive unrestricted accommodations class rate available. Airline reservations should be made as early as possible to take advantage of any potential discounted rates. The least expensive mode of travel should always be chosen giving consideration to constraints on time, value of employee time, elimination of overnight lodging, and cost of meals. In those circumstances when flights are cancelled due to actions by the airlines or other unforeseen circumstances of the traveler, all credits received by the traveler should be tracked by the traveler and business unit in order to utilize the credit on a future travel. It is expected that these credits may not always be able to be utilized, but it is still encouraged that non-refundable tickets (which result in the creation of credits as opposed to refunds) be purchased rather than purchasing the much more expensive refundable airline tickets simply to receive a refund should a cancellation occur.

    2. This expense must be listed on the Travel Expense Report and be accompanied by receipts.

  • Other Aircraft

    1. Under no circumstances is an employee to:

      1. Fly personally owned aircraft on university business

      2. Fly with anyone who is not an approved charter operator (see Risk Management website for approval information)

      3. Arrange a charter flight with anyone who is not an approved charter operator

      4. Authorize anyone to fly their own aircraft or charter an aircraft on university business

    2. In the event a private charter is necessary, approval to hire a charter must be obtained from the Senior Vice President of Business and Fiscal Affairs (or designee) and the charter company must be approved by the Office of Risk Management prior to signing a charter contract.

    3. Expenses must be listed on the Travel Expense Report and be accompanied by receipts.

    4. Frequent Flyer Credits

      1. Frequent flyer credits earned by university employees for travel on university business cannot be used for personal travel. These credits must be applied towards future university travel.

    5. Other Transportation Expenses

      1. Reimbursement can be claimed for ferry, bridge, highway, and tunnel tolls. Receipts are not required.

      2. Reimbursements can be claimed for parking charges and taxi fares. A receipt is required for each item of expense greater than $5. Best efforts should be made to park personal vehicles at airports utilizing the least expensive airport rate for trips exceeding 48 hours.

      3. Any other out-of-pocket expense, such as road service and towing charges, directly chargeable to the operation of a university-owned vehicle and incurred while traveling in such vehicle, can be reimbursed subject to approval by the director of the Department of Parking and Transportation.

      4. Expenses must be listed on the Travel Expense Report and be accompanied by receipts.

9510.6 Allowable Living Expenses

The following allowable living expenses are university guidelines. The Provost or appropriate Vice President, Vice Provost or Dean can impose additional limits or restrictions.

  1. Lodging

    Exceptions to these lodging guidelines will be made only when approved by the Provost or by the appropriate Vice President, Vice Provost or Dean.

    1. Employees are asked to avoid "luxury" type suites or hotels whenever possible (unless they are the site of a conference). The employee should ask for the best corporate or academic rate available.

    2. Travel agents are often able to arrange discount room rates for Wright State travelers, except where blocks of rooms are reserved for a conference or workshop.

    3. Lodging can be claimed only if the travel destination is 30 miles or more from the employee's home or from the employee's primary work location, whichever mileage is less.

      1. An employee authorized to travel on official university business may claim reimbursement for lodging cost not to exceed the single room rate, including tax. The authorizing department has the final determination as to the amount of the reimbursement, subject to the above limitation.

      2. Receipts for lodging must be submitted with the Travel Expense Report form.

      3. Reimbursement for noncommercial lodging in a private dwelling is limited to $15 per calendar day. The employee must provide some form of receipt.

  2. Meals

    1. Consistent with IRS regulations, employees may not be reimbursed for meal expenses unless traveling on overnight status. When the traveler is off campus on one-day trips, meal expenses are the responsibility of the traveler.

    2. Reimbursement is permitted when the employee is engaged in legitimate business activities with nonemployees of the university. Appropriate documentation (receipt with business purpose, persons in attendance, amount, date, etc.) is required.

    3. Allowable rates for meals when employees are on overnight travel status are based on prevailing IRS regulations. When overnight travel requires a portion of a day, employees can claim reimbursement for meals according to the following allowable rates. Receipts are not required. Effective July 9, 2012, the meals diem rate for domestic travel is $46 per day. The per diem should be prorated for partial days as follows:

      1. Breakfast $10; must be on authorized travel status prior 8 am.

      2. Lunch $14; must be on authorized travel status prior to noon.

      3. Dinner $22; must be on authorized travel status prior to 5 pm and return after 7 pm.

      4. The above allowable rates include tax and gratuities.

    4. However, when traveling to a "high cost area," federal tax regulations allow for a $51 meals per diem. Receipts are not required. The per diem should be prorated for partial travel days as follows:

      1. Breakfast $11; must be on authorized travel status prior to 8 am.

      2. Lunch $15; must be on authorized travel status prior to noon.

      3. Dinner $25; must be on authorized travel status prior to 5 pm and return after 7 pm.

      4. The above allowable rates include tax and gratuities.

      5. The "high cost areas" included in this policy are: Atlanta, GA; Atlantic City, NJ; Baltimore, MD; Boston, MA; Chicago, IL; Denver, CO; Dallas, TX; Detroit, MI; Houston, TX; Indianapolis, IN; Las Vegas, NV; Los Angeles, CA; Nashville, TN; New Orleans, LA; New York City, NY; Newark, NJ; Newport, RI; Orlando and Tampa FL; Philadelphia and Pittsburgh, PA; Phoenix, AZ; Providence, RI; Salt Lake City, UT; San Diego and San Francisco, CA; Seattle, WA; St. Louis, MO; Washington, DC; and all destinations outside the continental United States.

        If the actual travel location happens to be a suburb or location adjacent to one of the above cities that the traveler believes is still within the “high cost” locality as defined by the Internal Revenue Service, it is the traveler’s responsibility to provide substantiation of that fact by attaching documentation to the travel expense report demonstrating that fact. However, this does not extend to other cities or areas not specifically identified in this policy.

    5. When traveling to an international location as defined by the U.S. Department of State, travelers are to use the meals per diem rates provided by the Department of State. The daily per diem rates can be found at These rates differ by countries and cities. The rates are updated monthly. Therefore, the traveler should take care to utilize the website and to choose the appropriate rate for the month during which the travel occured. The per diem rates to be used are labeled " M & IE Rate." If it is necessary to break daily rates down by individual meals due to partial visits to a particular city/country, the percentages to be allocated to each meal are: breakfast - 20%, lunch - 30%, and dinner - 50%. It is also important to note that unless the traveler is actually within the city limits of a particular city, the traveler must use the per diem rate for the city listed at "Other" regardless of how close the traveler is to a particular city.

    6. When meals are included in a conference or in air fare, no reimbursement for those meals will be permitted as part of the per diem rate. When a conference provides hors d'oeuvres as a meal, it is the traveler and supervisor's judgment as to whether it is sufficient sustenance to be considered a meal.

    7. Expenses incurred for entertainment or alcoholic beverages are considered personal and are not reimbursable.

    8. Some conferences assess a separate charge for meals or banquets that are provided during the period of the conference. When these meals are offered at the conference site with the expectations that all conference participants are to attend, these cost will be reimbursed in lieu of the standard per diem charge. If the meal is offered at an off site location, the cost will be reimbursed only if the traveler can demonstrate the business purpose or relationship to the conference consistent with 9510.6(c)(3) of this policy.

  3. Miscellaneous Living Expenses

    1. Expenses incurred for laundry, dry cleaning, and pressing can be reimbursed if the employee is on continuous travel status in excess of one week without returning home.

    2. Expenses incurred for special purchases essential for the fulfillment of the travel or work assignment can be reimbursed upon approval by the head of the employee's department.

    3. Costs for conference excursions or other optional events are allowable only if they are for business or scholarly purposes. These items must be pre-approved by the supervisor and chair/director, and a description of the excursion provided with a memorandum documenting the business purpose must be attached to the travel expense report. It is expected that very few of these offerings meet these business criteria. Almost all are principally for social and/or recreational purposes and should be the responsibility of the traveler. Personal phone calls are limited to one call per day while on authorized overnight travel status. Reimbursement of personal phone calls for excessive time/number of calls is at the discretion of the department. In addition, other types of phone charges relating to items such as faxing or modem usage while conducting university business can be reimbursed.

      Reimbursement of miscellaneous expenses as described in this section can be claimed in addition to the maximum allowed for lodging and meals while an employee is authorized to travel on official university business. Such expenses must be itemized separately on the Travel Expense Report form and be accompanied by receipts.

  4. Tips

    Reasonable attempts should be made to obtain receipts that are provided. Reimbursement for tips without receipts will require an itemized list of the tips provided, including the amount and purpose of each tip. Tips for meals, however, are provided for in the per diem reimbursement discussed in 9510.6(b) of this policy. Additional tips for meals are not subject to reimbursement.

  5. Extended Travel Days

    When a traveler extends his or her trip in excess of the number of days of a conference by either arriving to the travel destination early or staying later than the end date of the conference in order to conduct additional university business, it is imperative that the traveler document with a memo or similar documentation the business nature of the extension with an explanation of its purpose, other third parties involved, itemized receipts of additional expenses as allowed by this policy, and approval by the supervisor/business manager denoting agreement with the extension as a proper Wright State business expense. If available, attach agendas and/or itineraries as a part of this documentation. However, as part of the original travel purpose the traveler may arrive at the destination the day before or depart the day after a conference, if starting and/or ending times of the conference necessitate such scheduling. While not preferred, this will be acceptable with supervisor approval.

9510.7 Nonemployee Travel Expenses

If a nonemployee accompanies the employee on official university travel, the university will pay for the employee's expenses only. Any expenses incurred because of or by the nonemployee are not the responsibility of the university.

9510.8 Exceptions

Any requests for exceptions to this policy should be submitted in writing to the Provost or responsible Vice President, describing the circumstances that justify an exception. Exceptions must always satisfy the requirement that the expense was actual, necessary, and reasonable under the circumstances.

9510.9 Local Travel

  • Local travel is defined as that travel which does not require overnight lodging.

  • Mileage reimbursement for local travel will be calculated providing consideration to the employee's normal commuting expense. Therefore, when performing any local travel outside of the normal commute to and from an employee's primary work location, the reimbursable business miles shall be calculated as the total miles driven that day for all legs of all trips less the employee's normal commuting miles between home and the employee's primary work location. Mileage to and from the airport as part of an overnight travel is not considered local travel. Therefore it is not necessary to subtract normal commuting miles when calculating the mileage reimbursement.

  • Reimbursement cannot be made for commuting, regardless of the day of the week or the number of trips in a day.

  • An account of short trips (mileage and related expenses, except registration fees) should be recorded on the Monthly Local Travel Expense Log which can be found at and accumulated and submitted for reimbursement for a period of time, not to exceed one month. The business purpose for each local trip must be documented on the Monthly Local Travel Expense Log with all appropriate receipts attached. This provision applies to all mileage reimbursements, including overnight travel. If there is local vicinity travel (travel incurred while at the destination) included in the request for reimbursement, this travel must also be documented as described in this provision.

  • Registration fees for local seminars and conferences should be processed on the university’s procurement card (ProCard), a DPO, or purchase requisition (for an amount greater than $1,000). However, a department should not use the procurement card to reimburse another department within the university. A journal voucher should be used in those instances.

  • The Monthly Local Travel Expense Log should be forwarded to the Accounts Payable office, along with an approved DPO, if the reimbursement is in excess of $200. When the reimbursement is $200 or less, the Log and an approved Petty Cash Voucher should be presented to the Office of the Bursar [refer to University Policy 9130.12 (Expenditure Guidelines)]. However, for employees located at an off campus site, all Monthly Local Travel Expense Logs can be attached to a DPO and submitted to Accounts Payable for processing.

    Violations of these travel policies may result in revocation of travel privileges or further disciplinary actions.

9510.10 International Travel

  1. Travel Registration

    All faculty, staff, and students who plan to travel abroad to participate in a university-affiliated activity or official university business including but not limited to traditional study abroad, exchange programs, internships abroad, international service learning, university courses and university research, are required to contact the University Center for International Education (UCIE) and complete the registration process in advance of finalizing travel arrangements.  Where applicable, the registration process includes completing the WSU Education Abroad Application and the UCIE's Pre-Departure Orientation as well as providing all releases, authorizations and waivers, intended itinerary, emergency contact information, and obtaining travel insurance.
  2. Travel Assistance

    All international travelers are required to obtain International SOS travel assistance.  International SOS travel benefits include access to medical clinics, emergency evacuation services, repatriation services and 24/7 access to a service representative from anywhere in the world.  As a further precaution, individual travelers are encouraged to enroll in the U.S. Department of State STEP Program.

    With respect to 9510.10b any payments made to, or on the behalf of, the traveler which exceeds the limit of insurance coverage or are given as an emergency cash advance are to be fully reimbursed to Wright State.
  3. Health Insurance

    All travelers are required to have proof of international health coverage.  Travelers who already have a health insurance plan are encouraged to check their plan for coverage while traveling abroad.
  4. Compliance with laws, regulations and policies governing foreign travel
    1. The U.S. Department of State, Bureau of Consular Affairs maintains a website that posts current travel alerts and warnings.  The Center for Disease Control an Prevention (CDC) also posts travel health notices to inform travelers about current health issues, like disease outbreaks, special events or gatherings, and natural disasters in specific international destinations.

      University faculty, staff and student travelers are advised to check these websites for these advisories and exercise appropriate caution when traveling to any areas that have been issued alerts.  WSU faculty, staff, and students participating in a university affiliated activity or official university business are prohibited from traveling to locations where a U.S. Dept. of State warning level 3 or 4 and/or where a CDC Travel Health Warning Level 3 is in effect, except with prior written approval from the Provost.
    2. Faculty, staff and students must determine if export control and trade regulations apply to their travel.  Travel to and conduct of business in certain countries identified by the US Dept. of the Treasury, Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) will be restricted until appropriate government authorization is received.  This process could take up to 6 months or more.  See OFAC's website for current information or contact Wright State's export compliance officer at
    3. All federally funded travel must comply with the Federal Travel Regulation which enumerates travel and relocation policy for all Title 5 Executive Agency employees and the Fly America Act or 49 U.S.C. 400118 which requires Federal travelers to use a United States air carrier service for all air travel and cargo transportation services funded by the United States Government.  All foreign travel on grants must be approved in advance by the Office of Research and Sponsored Programs (RSP).  Use Banner account code 746900 to complete the department information on all ChromeRiver travel authorizations and submit the to RSP for approval with the flight itinerary.  Upon returning from the foreign travel, the ChromeRiver authorization with all receipts must be approved again by RSP before being submitted to Accounts Payable.

9510.11 Appendices